The trouser suit ruled the streets at fashion month recently. My instagram feed was flooded with different takes on the trend, from fashionistas attending various fashion weeks.. and I wasn’t even mad about it! I have been a ‘matchy match’ style lover for the longest time so naturally I am pretty excited to see the trouser suit popping up all over the place!
Seeing as though I have already spent hours browsing for the perfect suit and then of course more hours dreaming of how I was going to wear it – I’m thinking oversized blazer, fitted high-waisted pants and sneakers.. oh but then again maybe tailored and belted might be better..
anyway as you can see I’m still deciding on that one!
In the mean time I wanted to share with you five different ways to style a trouser suit today, taking tips from the streets of fashion week.
1. Layer it. Go one step further with your trouser suit look and add an oversized coat (draped over the shoulders, of course!) Super stylin’ but also.. warm!
2. Go bright and bold. No colour is off limits with this trend. In fact, I would even say the brighter the better when attempting this one! Finished off with some sleek black accessories, of course!
3. Style it with sneakers. The ultimate in cool girl chic… not to mention the comfiest and most likely the way I will be rocking this trend.
4. Wear it in check print. This season’s hottest print combined with this season’s hottest trend. Need I say more!
5. Belt it. Or belt bag it, if you dare! Change up the traditional suit styling by adding a belt over your blazer and cinching it in at the waist! Très chic!!
SHOP THE POST:
Images via: Lorna Luxe, The Zoe Report, Fashionista, Who What Wear, Collage Vintage, Asos, Refinery 21, We Wore What.