So much food.. so little time! Sharing my top five healthy places to eat in Bali…
In case you missed my first Bali post (sharing what to wear while in Bali), I headed over to Bali on a blogger girls trip with Transit Clothing late last year. While we were over there, we spent our time shooting looks for Transit’s latest collections and.. eating. Lots of eating. I seriously had some of the best eating experiences ever on this trip, (I am drooling just thinking about it!) so I really wanted to share my favourites with you. I love eating fresh and healthy foods, and there is just so much choice in Bali. Pretty much anywhere you go, there is something wholesome and tasty on the menu.. which makes it a health food lovers dream!
My top 5 healthy places to eat in Bali:
- 1. SINGLE FIN – ULUWATU: Single Fin is the most amazing destination, sitting on top of a cliff face at the southern end of Bali, you are treated to uninterrupted views of the beautiful ocean around you. This has to be one of my favourite places in Bali, in terms of food and the setup. The Single Fin menu itself is pretty standard, however they have a Nalu Bowl shack serving delicious, healthy and refreshing smoothie bowls and a Coco & Poke stand, where I had my first Poke bowl experience, and subsequently became obsessed! They were SO good! The best part is that you can fully customise your bowl to suit your own taste, so plenty of avocado for me!
- Bonus tip: If you are brave enough, venture down the steep steps along the cliff face to get to the beach below.. you will not regret it! (Until you have to climb back up, that is!)
- 2. SEA CIRCUS – SEMINYAK: We headed here for breakfast on our first day in Bali, as we just couldn’t wait to get there! The decor is so fun and quirky and the staff were so lovely. The food, of course, is amazing too! I had the avocado and poached eggs (after much deliberation because everything on the menu sounded delicious!) and I did not regret my decision. It was probably the best I have ever had, and I have had a few!! They even offered two different hangover happy meals on the menu that included an optional head and neck massage, should you require it! (and if you had been to Motel Mexicola the night before, chances are you probably would!)
- 3. SISTERFIELDS – SEMINYAK: I’m sure you have already heard of Sisterfields, possibly Bali’s most popular eatery. I have been here a on a few occasions and each time, regardless of the time of day, it has been so busy! After having a strong and delicious coffee next door at Expat Roasters, we headed into Sisterfields for breakfast. The decor is serious #goals with a marble counter top that dreams are made of! Much photos (and sniggers from other patrons) ensued!* Again I had the avocado & feta toast which was so yum! The other girls all loved their food too so it’s easy to see why it is such a popular choice.
- 4. CAFE ORGANIC BALI – SEMINYAK: As the name suggest Cafe Organic Bali provide fresh, locally produced organic dishes that are not only super healthy but tasty too. They have a huuuuge range of smoothies and juices to choose from packed full of nourishing ingredients. There smoothie bowls were next level and they had so many extra toppings you could add on to customise your bowl. The decor is super cute too, which is a must!
- 5. DEUS EX MACHINA – CANGGU: This is another place that had such a cool vibe. Situated about 25 mins north of Seminyak in Canggu, Deus is not your average cafe. Deus is actually a custom bike shop, surf shop, workshop, barber shop, art gallery and bar all rolled into one. They custom build bikes out the back while serving up drinks and delicious eats up the front. We happened to go on a Tuesday when they had Tacos & Tattuesday, a night of tacos, tequila, tunes and free tattoos! The menu was not all healthy, (I mean what kind of bike shop would it be if they didn’t have burgers and pizzas on the menu) but they had plenty of healthy options to choose from. Salads, smoothie bowls, soups with soo many vegetarian dishes too.. and as you can see above.. we went a little crazy!
So there you have it, my favourite places to eat in Bali. Have you tried any of these places before or do you have any other recommendations that should have made the list?
*Truthfully this happened everywhere we went.. can you imagine a group of bloggers travelling and eating together! SO MANY PHOTOS.