Why you should be wearing more silk…
I must admit, I have only recently begun seeing the benefits of adding silk pieces to my wardrobe, but with every piece I add, I fall a little bit more in love with the fabric… and while initially the price and dry cleaning bill put me off, the advantages make it worth the cost!
As you can see above, I went a little overboard and added quite a few pieces from the Grana silk range. It is actually super affordable though and the quality is amazing, so definitely no regrets there!
Five reasons why you should be wearing silk:
- – Silk is one of the most breathable and absorbent fabrics. It is perfect all year round as it keeps you cool in Summer and warm in Winter!
- – Because silk is hypo-allergenic, it won’t irritate your skin making it the ideal choice for people with sensitive skin.
- – Silk is such a lightweight fabric and it feels super soft and comfortable when on.
- – Not only does it feel amazing but silk looks so luxurious, perfect when you want to add a bit of glam to your style.
- – Believe it or not silk is a strong and durable fabric. When cared for correctly it can last for a long time, I have a tee from years ago that is still going strong!
When investing in silk pieces, I would opt for classic styles such as camisoles, t-shirts and shirts, that can be worn back with many different items… as with anything you spend a lot of money on you don’t want it sitting in the back of your wardrobe just waiting to be worn!
Are you a fan of silk too?