Red lipsticks to suit everyone…
L-R: 1. Mac So Chaud, 2. L’staj Lady Sassy, 3. Sigma Power Stick Bloody Good, 4. Rimmel The Only 1 Best of the Best, Rimmel Moisture Renew Sheer & Shine Red-y Set Go.
Hey guys… Happy Wednesday! Hope everybody is having a fabulous week. I just got back from my daughter’s very first Sports Carnival at school. It was so cute to see all the little ones trying their best and then getting distracted halfway through (at least that was what Miss Z did.. a short attention span, just like her mother!)
Anyway today’s post is not about mine or my daughters sporting abilities, (it would be a VERY short post if that was the case!) but it is about: red lipstick. Red lips have become a bit of a signature for me and when I head out in the evening or for a special event I rarely wear any other colour. There is just something about a bold red lip that I love and over time I have trialled a lot of different red lipsticks!
So, today I wanted to share five of the best red lipsticks…
1. My longtime favourite Mac, So Chaud: I have been wearing this one for the longest time. I love the muted red colour with the slight orange tone and the matte finish. It glides on beautifully and it’s long lasting too so it stays on after a cheeky wine or two.
2. L’staj, Lady Sassy: This is fast becoming my go-to. It goes on as a gloss but quickly dries into a matte finish. Aside from the perfect matte finish, this one stays on practically all night! The bold red colour looks great on darker skin tones. I like to wear it over the top of Mac So Chaud for a slightly muted red.
3. Sigma Power Stick, Bloody Good: Another bold red colour with a slight matte finish. I love this one because while it has more of a matte finish it does not dry your lips out. It lasts for a long time, while keeping your lips moisturised.
4. Rimmel The Only 1, Best of the Best: This one is more of a cranberry red, great for cooler/lighter skin tones. It is a semi-gloss finish and goes on ultra smooth. It keeps your lips feeling hydrated and moisturised with great staying power. Bonus: it smells great too!
5. Rimmel Sheer and Shine, Red-Y Set Go: This one is part of Rimmel’s Moisture Renew Sheer & Shine range. As the name suggests this has a very sheer and glossy finish. It goes on super smooth and has a slight colour pigment. I would liken this to a lip balm with colour. It keeps your lips feeling nice and moisturised with added ingredients such as Vitamin C and E. The sheer red colour is great if you are after a more subtle red lip.