Turning casual style into a luxe look in five easy steps…
My everyday style is very casual. Jeans and sneakers are my go-to’s and if you follow @shedoesstyle on instagram, you will see regular proof of this combo (here and here for last week’s examples!) Most days I am working from home or running errands, which means that 80% of my wardrobe consists of casual and comfy clothes… but sometimes an occasion calls for a slightly dressier look or you know, I just feel like dressing up. That’s when I need a bit of creativity to turn my casual clothes into a dressy look.
So, today I wanted to share five ways to dress up a casual outfit…
- 1. Just add heels – The no-brainer way to dress up any look, swap out your sneakers for a pair of heels.
- 2. Go for a statement pair of sunglasses – nothing adds a polished touch more than a killer pair of sunnies.
- 3. Opt for a ‘fancy’ top – Dress up a simple jeans look by adding a top with a hint of shimmer, lace up details or a luxe fabric.
- 4. Accessorise – Adding in some key accessories can instantly update your look. Add a statement pair of earrings or a cuff to finish of your look.
- 5. A red lip – If you read my last post you will know I LOVE a red lip. It definitely adds instant glam to even the most casual outfit.