Fitness doesn’t have to be a bore..
Hello, and welcome to another week! I thought Monday would be the perfect day to share some of my tips for making fitness fun. Exercise is such an important part of life and I really believe that everybody should try to incorporate it into their day to day. It is hard to get motivated to get moving at the best of times however, and Mondays seem to be just that little bit harder, don’t you think?!
I have mentioned previously that I really do love to exercise. (Call me crazy!) I love feeling fit and strong and am addicted to the way my body feels after a good workout sesh, but I know that is not the case for everyone, and even sometimes I admit that I just do not want to workout!
Today I wanted to share with you my top 7 tips to make fitness fun and hopefully make it less of a chore.
- 1. Being a fashion blog and all, my number one tip would have to be making sure your workout style is on point. The same with normal everyday clothes, looking good makes you feel good and a cute active wear outfit will definitely help get your butt to the gym.
- 2. Another one of my top tips is having fitness friends. I am so lucky to have a group of girls who love to workout too (so much so we started a little ‘club’: Fit Club Perth!). Exercising with friends is one sure fire way to make whatever exercise you are doing FUN!
- 3. Following on from number two, make plans with your friends to exercise together and afterwards reward yourselves with a catch up over a delicious healthy brunch! Making a date of it means you are more inclined to actually go.
- 4. Try new things. There are soooooo many different ways to exercise these days and mixing it up is the key to making it enjoyable. Having a membership like class pass is how I like to experience new ways to workout. Trying new fitness classes is a great way to find something that you really love too.
- 5. To help make your workout a part of your daily routine, without feeling like it is a chore, do it at a time that suits you best. If you are not a morning person, then do not try to make a 6am class part of your routine because you will end up resenting it.
- 6. Set goals and reward yourself when you reach those goals. Pretty simple really but it works so well. Rewards can be anything and don’t have to be fitness related. For example: if you workout three times a week for a month, then that pair of shoes you have been eyeing off are all yours!
- 7. Think outside the box. Exercising doesn’t need to be contained to the gym. Being fit and active can happen anywhere.. go to a dance class or play hopscotch at the park with your mates!! As long as you are moving, then you are exercising!
So hopefully I have helped you a little with your fitness goals today. Let me know if you have any questions or comments! I’d love to know how you make fitness work for you too.
Photos by Mario Recchia of Inspiring Wit.