I am actually a little obsessed with event styling.. it is one of the reasons my daughter hasn’t had a birthday party for the last two years, the stress of planning and executing a perfectly styled event is too much sometimes! (Sorry Z!) As a blogger, I am lucky enough to get invited along to quite a few events too, so I get to witness beautiful event styling quite regularly. After attending so many events, I have begun to notice a few things that combine to make a winning event, so today I wanted to share with you my quick guide to event styling perfection! (I am definitely NOT an expert however, but just wanted to share what I think works!)
Some of the tips I have picked up along the way are:
- – If you are going to spend your money somewhere, spend it on the chairs. They are the thing you notice first and really help to set the mood of the event.
- – As for decorations, fresh flowers are always a winner. They are beautiful and EVERYONE loves flowers plus they are easy to DIY too!
- – Another super easy and beautiful decoration to use are candles. They offer an alternate light source, while looking pretty and.. smelling good too!
- – Metallic coloured cutlery is big at the moment, add instant sophistication with a gold or gunmetal alternative.
- – Even if you have a sit down meal, I still recommend having plenty of little sitting areas around the event. Nobody will stay at the table the whole time and having plenty of extra seating encourages people to mingle and enjoy themselves.
- – Desserts are often quite pretty so why not use them as part of your decoration! Dessert tables or shared dessert platters are a fun and unique way to serve everybody’s favourite part of the meal!
- – Lastly, and by far the most important (if you ask me!) is an epic cheese board. The best thing about a cheese board is that it doesn’t have to be perfect, in fact the more rustic, the better. Just fill that baby up with delicious morsels and plenty of CHEESE!