This week has been a tough week blogging wise (and yes, it is only Thursday morning!) As a blogger, getting inspired and motivated to create new and interesting content is sometimes incredibly difficult, especially if your brain just does not want to co-operate.
I’m sure we all go through periods of complete procrastination but instead of letting the negativity get to me, I focused on what I could do to get motivated.. and in the process decided to share my tips for getting there!
1. Look to others for inspiration – Inspiration from others is probably the number one way to get motivated to achieve your dreams.. It is little wonder Pinterest is so darn popular!!
2. Set yourself goals – I always find writing things down and then allocating times and dates to have them done is one of the best ways to actually get cracking on achieving them (and who doesn’t love ticking things off a list.. TICK!!) Remember to start small though, when you are not feeling motivated setting yourself huge goals will only make you feel even more overwhelmed!
3. Change routine – Personally, I find having a routine extremely important and essential for getting things done on a daily basis, knowing when something is planned really helps to make it happen BUT sometimes that can also be the very thing that causes you to lose interest. Try mixing up your routine or doing something totally different to get your creative juices flowing again!
4. Get support – Talking to family and friends is so important. Bouncing ideas around, getting opinions or just plain old having a whinge.. Talking to others really helps to put things in perspective and sometimes a single kind comment from someone is all it takes to see the light!
5. Think positive – There is no bigger motivation killer than negativity. Period. Every time a negative thought threatens to creep in then actively force yourself to think positive. Reflect on things you have achieved already and train your mind to see the potential in any situation!
Well, I am certainly feeling more motivated, hopefully you are too!!